TAM's Entertainment News
- AUTOPSY REVEALS ERIN MORAN DIED OF CANCER
Erin Moran, the former Happy Days child star, likely died of cancer, according to the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and the county coroner.
A statement released on Monday confirmed that an autopsy found she "likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer." A toxicology report is pending but no illegal narcotics were found at her home, according to the statement.
- Moran, beloved for her role on Happy Days as Joanie Cunningham, was found dead by police at her home in New Salisbury, Indiana, on Saturday. She was 56.
- Moran’s former costars took to social media to memorialize her. Scott Baio wrote on Facebook: "May people remember Erin for her contagious smile, warm heart, and animal loving soul. I always hoped she could find peace in her life. God has you now, Erin."
- Henry Winkler told People: "I will always remember Erin with her sweet smile that greeted me on the very first day I walked onto the set of Happy Days in 1974. She was only nine years old. For the next ten years that smile never faded. Unfortunately yesterday it did. My condolences go out to her family. She will always be locked in my heart."
- In recent years, Moran appeared to be struggling, with reports of her living in a trailer park and drinking heavily surfacing in the tabloids. Other former child stars reportedly tried to get her the help she needed, to no avail.
- Former child star turned advocate Paul Peterson addressed the situation on Facebook writing: "I am proud of our efforts over the years to help Erin Moran whose troubles were many and complex. Don’t doubt for a moment that we tried…sincerely tried through time and treasure…to give comfort to one of our own.
- The former Donna Reed Show star continued: "At least a half-dozen former child stars were actively reaching out to Erin in the last week of her life... From Paris to London, from New York to LA, our members were in there pitching, doing what they could to help. Do not doubt that for a minute."
- AMBER HEARD AND ELON MUSK MAKE ROMANCE INSTA-OFFICIAL
It’s ON! Actress Amber Heard and billionaire Elon Musk have been linked since last summer, and it seems they are finally ready to go public with their romance.
On Sunday, the 31-year-old was spotted zip-lining in Australia with the 45-year-old Tesla founder.
- And then on Monday, Heard and Musk shared the same photo on social media featuring them dining together. Heard is wearing deep red lipstick and Musk has a kiss mark on his cheek in the same crimson shade. Heard captioned the shot, "Cheeky."
- The duo was first spotted together in London and Miami shortly after her dramatic split from ex Johnny Depp. Musk split from his second wife Talulah Ridley last November. Musk has reportedly been interested in Heard since they appeared in the 2013 film Machete Kills together.
- Heard is currently filming Aquaman in the Gold Coast.
- CAITLYN JENNER SLAPS BACK AT KRIS JENNER FOR HER REACTION TO MEMOIR
Former spouses Caitlyn Jenner and Kris Jenner have a serious difference of opinion as to how things went down in their marriage.
Caitlyn has issued the latest public screed on the subject, appearing on Good Morning America to share her thoughts. The former Olympian, 67, was shown a clip of Sunday night’s episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, during which Kris, 61, claimed that she’s "done" with Caitlyn over her depiction of their marriage in her memoir, The Secrets of My Life.
- Caitlyn told GMA’s Michael Strahan on Monday: "I'm just kind of sorry she went down that road."
- In the book, Caitlyn claimed that Kris knew about her gender identity years before she transitioned from male to female. "Everything she says is all made up," Kris said on KUWTK.
- On GMA, Caitlyn opined: "First of all, I think the book is extraordinarily honest and it is my perspective. And obviously when you do a book there are different opinions. I have a lot of friends — know the truth and know what I've been through and know the whole situation. Hey, it's a reality show. It is drama, but I'm just kind of sorry that she went down that road. But she's a good person and we have had 23 great years together and raised wonderful, phenomenal kids."
- On KUWTK, Kris seemed to take a less rosy view of her ex.
- "All through the book, Kris knew. ‘Kris knew before I even made love to her,’" Kris fumed. "'I'm like, ‘What!?’ I've done nothing but open up my home and my heart to a person who doesn't give a s***. So, I'm done. I've never been so angry and disappointed in somebody in my whole life."
- Meanwhile, Caitlyn acknowledged that her relationship with her kids has also changed.
- "Um, you know, when you go through something like this, you always hope for the best, and it could not have been any better. My kids have been absolutely great," Caitlyn said.
- "Now, you're certainly closer with some than you are with the others. But that's always in a relationship. But also, I always wonder because I don't see them as much as I used to see them, obviously, and so you wonder is that because of what I went through or just because, you know what, I raised wonderful kids."
- HEATHER MORRIS IS ELIMINATED FROM 'DWTS'
Dancing with the Stars fans were stunned last night after Heather Morris was eliminated on week six’s live show. During the Boy Bands vs. Girls Groups-themed episode, Morris hit the dance floor with returning pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy for the first time since week one, when he was sidelined during rehearsals as a result of a calf injury. For his return to the reality dancing competition series, Chmerkovskiy choreographed a rumba for the duo to the tunes of TLC’s "Waterfalls" – and it definitely didn’t disappoint. The dancing duo gave a stellar performance that was enjoyed by audiences and judges alike; Morris and Chmerkovskiy earned the actress’ first 10 of the season – and Season 24’s first perfect score (40/40).
Unfortunately, Morris’ red-hot rumba wasn’t enough to keep her in the competition. At the wrap of the episode, Morris and Nancy Kerrigan were the two celebrity contestants in jeopardy of elimination, but it was the Glee actress who was sent home.
"I have to say, in 24 seasons, that was probably the most vocally unhappy reaction we’ve gotten about a result," said longtime co-host Tom Bergeron. Morris is the fifth competitor voted off DWTS. She and Chmerkovskiy join Erika Jayne and Gleb Savchenko, who were booted off last week. Before them, Mr. T and Kym Herjavec were eliminated. Prior to their exit, Charo and Keo Motsepe were voted off, following in the footsteps of Chris Kattan and Witney Carson, who were the first pair to be shown the door. AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS BRUNO ON DAVID ROSS ALMOST DROPPING HIS PARTNER DURING HIS PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS CARRIE ANN ON HEATHER MORRIS RUMBA PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS HEATHER MORRIS IS ELIMINATED
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS HEATHER MORRIS ON BEING ELIMINATED
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS LEN ON NANCY KERRIGANS PASO DOBLE PERFORMANCE
AUDIO: DANCING WITH THE STARS THE LIGHTS SHUT OFF DURING THE BROADCAST
- RICHARD SIMMONS THANKS HEALTHCARE WORKERS AFTER HOSPITAL STAY
America’s favorite vivacious fitness guru-turned-introvert Richard Simmons took to Facebook to thank his healthcare workers and LAPD -- and assure concerned fans that nothing is amiss in his life.
Simmons, 68, was treated at the Cedars Sinai hospital for severe indigestion, and has been out of public sight for a few years, prompting dramatic rumors that he is being held hostage by his maid Teresa Reveles or in the process of transitioning from male to female.
- In his Facebook post, he wrote: "Hope you’re having a beautiful Sunday. I wanted to take a moment to send a big thank you to the wonderful doctors, nurses and staff at Cedars Sinai Medical Center during my short stay there this week. They make you feel good even though you’re in the hospital for feeling bad.
- "Another shout out goes to the wonderful men and women of the Los Angeles Police Dept. They were so helpful and kind as I returned home.
- "Let’s take a minute and all be thankful for medical professionals, police, firefighters and our brave military forces here and around the world. They risk so much every day to make us well and keep us protected. God Bless all of them."
- ZOE SALDANA DOES NOT PICK OUT GENDER-SPECIFIC CLOTHES FOR SONS
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star Zoe Saldana thinks outside of the blue box when it comes to dressing her three sons, twins Cy and Bowie and newborn Zen.
She also thinks twice about the message she sends when she chooses toys for her crew.
- Saldana tells Refinery 29: "If they have a preference of a color or a shape or a person or an animal or a story, we will never choose things for them because of their gender. We are very open, so open in fact, that sometimes people mistake them her sons for girls because we dress them quite colorfully."
- The hotly anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters May 5th. In the movie, Zoe, 38, plays Gamora, Chris Pratt stars as Chris Quill, Dave Bautista as Drax, Bradley Cooper as Rocket and Vin Diesel as Baby Groot.
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP
SALMA HAYEK WANTS TO HEAR MORE FROM MELANIA TRUMP: Salma Hayek has long been a vocal critic of President Donald Trump, but the actress is holding out hope for his wife, Melania. Hayek tells the Daily News: "I wish she was a bigger influence on her husband. I'd love to know how she feels about things, and who she is, and what she's planning to do. The only thing we've heard her say is that she was gonna work on a campaign against bullying on social media. I hope she starts with her husband." Hayek stars a single mother in How to Be a Latin Lover, out April 28th.
ORLANDO BLOOM STRIPS FOR EARTH DAY: Orlando Bloom stripped down to his swimsuit and took an ice bath in a round wooden tub in honor of Earth Day on Saturday, April 22nd. The Pirates of the Caribbean star shared a video on his Instagram story, writing: "To get green on Earth Day, I’m going blue."
SARAH JESSICA PARKER, MATTHEW BRODERICK BRING KIDS TO BROADWAY PREMIERE: Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick enjoyed a night on the town with their kids, James, 14, and 7-year-old twin daughters Tabitha and Marion. The family of five hit the red carpet for the premiere of Broadway’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in New York City on Sunday, April 23. The publicity-averse clan has never officially appeared in public together and it was a red-carpet debut for the stylish twins. Predictably, they were all picture-perfect. SJP shared a few shots of the fun on Instagram.
CLINT HOWARD AND WIFE MELANIE SPLIT AFTER 22 YEARS OF MARRIAGE: Clint Howard and his wife, Melanie, are parting ways after 22 years of marriage, TMZ reports. Howard, 58, reportedly filed the petition to separate. He is the younger brother of director/actor Ron Howard. The couple have no children.
KASH BIERMANN IS HEALING FROM DOG BITE: The 4-year-old son of reality star Kim Zolciak-Biermann is on the mend after getting bit by a dog over the weekend and rushed to the hospital for surgery. The mom-of-six shared the terrifying news via Instagram Sunday night, and Kash’s big sister Brielle updated concerned fans with a late-night tweet saying his health was improving. On Monday, Kim shared via Snapchat that Kash was keeping entertained and upbeat: "Ninja turtles always make everything better!" The family has not shared details regarding how the bite occurred.
- INDUSTRY NEWS
JASON ALEXANDER TO STAR IN HIT THE ROAD: Seinfeld alum Jason Alexander has signed on to star in and executive produce Audience Network’s straight-to-series comedy Hit the Road, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The 10-episode comedy focuses on a dysfunctional family of wannabe rock stars. Alexander plays the role of patriarch Ken Swallow. The show was created by Peter Tilden who will pen the script along with Dean Craig (Death at a Funeral).
JACQUELINE BISSET TO STAR IN DRAMA JOURNEY TO MIYAKOJIMA: Jacqueline Bisset is set to star in the family drama Journey to Miyakojima which will begin filming in Japan in October. Slony Sow wrote the script and is helming the film. Bisset will be playing an ailing family matriarch and NBA team owner hoping to bring her troubled family back together on an island off the coast of Okinawa, Japan.
NETFLIX TO RAISE $1.09B VIA DEBT OFFERING: Streaming giant Netflix is planning to raise $1.09 billion via an international bond offering to counterbalance its spending on content, which has skyrocketed. "Netflix intends to use the net proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes, which may include content acquisitions, capital expenditures, investments, working capital and potential acquisitions and strategic transactions," the company said. In the fall, Netflix raised $1 billion in a similar debt offering.
MUSIC BOX SCORES CHAVELA VARGAS DOCUMENTARY: Music Box Films has snapped up the rights to the documentary Chavela and plans to release it in October. Directed by Catherine Gund and Daresha Kyi, Chavela centers on the life of Chavela Vargas, who ran away from Costa Rica in her teens, landing in Mexico City. After launching her career by singing on the streets, she rose to prominence in the 1950s and challenged mainstream morality with her life and art. Vargas also served as a muse to the iconic filmmaker Pedro Almodovar. She died in 2012.
NORMAN LEAR TO HOST PODCAST FEATURING AMY POEHLER, AMERICA FERRERA, OTHER STAR GUESTS: Norman Lear has entered the world of podcasts. The writer, director and creator of legendary sitcoms like All in the Family and The Jeffersons will launch his new weekly podcast on PodcastOne. Dubbed All of the Above with Norman Lear, it will cover a range of topics from comedy to current events. Paul Hipp will join him in the hosting duties and celebrity guests will include Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jerrod Carmichael and America Ferrera.