TAM's Entertainment News
- TIFFANY TRUMP THANKS WHOOPI GOLDBERG FOR HER SUPPORT
Who says liberals and conservatives can't get along? Not Tiffany Trump and TV host Whoopi Goldberg, who launched an unlikely friendship this week.
Goldberg, a staunch critic of Trump's father, President Donald Trump, reached out a hand to her after she was cruelly snubbed at New York Fashion Week.
- Editors ditched their seats next to Trump, some of them even going so far as to brag about it on social media.
- Goldberg slapped back at their bullying behavior on ABC's The View, saying that she would happily hang with Trump at the next show.
- Goldberg said: "I’m coming to sit with you. Nobody’s talking politics… you’re looking at fashion. She doesn’t want to talk about her dad! She’s looking at the fashion!"
- Her kindness didn't go unnoticed. Trump tweeted her appreciation, writing: "Thank you @WhoopiGoldberg. I’d love to sit with you too!"
- NICOLE KIDMAN CONFIRMS SHE WAS ENGAGED TO LENNY KRAVITZ
Nicole Kidman is starring in the HBO miniseries Big Little Lies, which focuses on the crazy secrets and intricate lies relationships can harbor.
Kidman is no secret to complication either on-screen or off, but working on Big Little Lies has brought the situation full circle, the 49-year-old tells The EDIT.
- Turns out, she could have been stepmom to one of her co-stars, Zoe Kravitz.
- Yep, Kidman was once engaged to her father, rocker Lenny Kravitz. Said Kidman: "Well, I knew Zoe because I was engaged to her father. It's all in the family!"
- Furthermore, it's all good: "I love Lenny; he's a great guy," Kidman said.
- The pair dated in 2003 after she divorced Tom Cruise. She previously alluded to their romance, without naming names: "It just wasn’t right. I wasn’t ready. We weren’t ready."
- The first of seven episodes of Big Little Lies premieres Feb. 19th at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- EMMA WATSON WEIGHS IN ON 'BEAUTY AND THE BEAST' STOCKHOLM SYNDROME CONTROVERSY
Emma Watson weighed in on a new Beauty and the Beast debate over whether her character, Belle, has Stockholm Syndrome, the condition in which a victim bonds with a captor. Some believe Belle only falls for the Beast (played by Dan Stevens) because she experiences this psychological effect while being held hostage in his castle – but others, including the 26-year-old actress, think she consciously makes the choice on her own.
"Belle actively argues and disagrees with the Beast constantly. She has none of the characteristics of someone with Stockholm Syndrome because she keeps her independence, she keeps that freedom of thought." Watson told Entertainment Weekly.
The Disney heroine initially fights back and rejects the Beast’s offer to join him for dinner. "I think there is a very intentional switch where in my mind Belle decides to stay. She’s giving him hell. There is no sense of, ‘I need to kill this guy with kindness,'" the "Harry Potter" star said. "In fact, she gives as good as she gets. He bangs on the door, she bangs back. There’s this defiance that ‘You think I’m going to come and eat dinner with you and I’m your prisoner – absolutely not.’"
Beauty and the Beast hits theaters on March 17th.
- ROMAN POLANSKI WANTS TO COME BACK TO U.S. TO SETTLE RAPE CASE
Fugitive director Roman Polanski's attorney has asked an L.A. judge to unseal testimony in his long-running assault case.
Attorney Harland Braun filed the letter on February 10th. It requests that testimony given by a former prosecutor handling Polanski's case be unsealed as it is key to resolving the case.
- According to TMZ, Braun believes that the secret testimony supports Polanski's claim that he cut a deal to serve 48 days behind bars, and the judge approved.
- He then spent 42 days in Chino State Prison and was released, but Judge Laurence Rittenbaud reneged on the agreement and decided Polanski should spend up to 50 years behind bars.
- Polanski, 83, pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl in 1977 and fled the United States on the eve of his sentencing.
- He alleges that he was treated unfairly by a judge and prosecutors. Subsequent judges have ruled that he must return to L.A. for the case to be resolved.
- A hearing has been set for February 24th.
- CELEBRITY GOSSIP
HARRY POTTER ACTRESS SCARLETT BYRNE STRIPS FOR PLAYBOY: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince actress Scarlett Byrne is stripping down in the first issue of Playboy to feature nudes since the mag banned them a year ago. Scarlett posted pics from the shoot, writing: "I'm very proud to be a part of the March/April issue of Playboy. I penned a short essay along with my pictorial titled, 'The Feminist Mystique'. A big thank you to @Playboy, the creative team, and @cooperbhefner for such a unique opportunity. #NakedIsNormal".
KATE HUDSON, MATT BELLAMY REUNITE TO BRING SON TO DREAM CONCERT: Friendly exes Kate Hudson and Matt Bellamy surprised their five-year-old son Bingham Hawn Bellamy on Wednesday night with tickets to his favorite band, Twenty One Pilots. Hudson posted a pic on Instagram showing the happy family with the Twenty One Pilots duo themselves: Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun.
MATT DAMON NEVER BELIEVED GEORGE CLOONEY WOULD SETTLE DOWN: Matt Damon had serious doubts about his pal George Clooney, he tells E! News. Kids, forget it! Damon tells E!: "It wasn't a question for many years—it was a total nonstarter. But once he met Amal everything changed." Damon adds that once he fell in love with his now-wife Amal Clooney, everything changed. So when Clooney told him he and Amal were expecting twins? "I wasn't surprised when he told me. I'm extremely happy for them but once he met her, I had a feeling that was in the cards."
SUSAN SARANDON SAYS HER SEXUALITY IS 'UP FOR GRABS': Susan Sarandon did not hold back during an interview with pridesource.com that touched on gender and sexual preferences. Sarandon said: "My sexual orientation is up for grabs, I guess you could say." Good to know! Sarandon is currently playing Bette Davis opposite Jessica Lange who stars as Joan Crawford in the FX series Feud.
AMY ADAMS, DWAYNE JOHNSON TO PRESENT AT OSCARS: Amy Adams and Dwayne Johnson may not have snagged any Academy Awards noms this year, but they will be presenting at the February 26th ceremony. On Thursday, the third slate of presenters was announced by the Academy, including Emma Stone, Riz Ahmed, Felicity Jones, John Cho, Leslie Mann, Jarvier Bardem, Charlize Theron and David Oyelowo. Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the Oscars this year, which will air live on ABC from the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 8:30 p.m. ET.
BLAC CHYNA AND ROB KARDASHIAN CALL IT OFF: Reports surfaced last night (February 16th) that Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian have split again. According to The Jasmine Brand, a source said, "Rob thinks it’s the right decision. Chyna has disappeared for days at a time without communicating or providing any updates. This won’t end well." The insider added, "It’s the same with her yelling and screaming about how his family doesn’t like or support her, and his insecurities. His confidence was shattered for so long, so to have this banging girl all over him has given him a new lease on life." The two welcomed their daughter, Dream, in December.
- INDUSTRY NEWS
JARED LETO TAPPED TO DIRECT 77: Paramount is bringing Jared Leto on to direct the crime thriller 77. While Leto previously helmed the 2012 documentaries Great Wide Open, Into The Wild and Beyond the Horizon, and has directed several music videos and commercials, this will be his first feature film gig.
BIG BANG THEORY NEARING TWO-SEASON RENEWAL: TV's No. 1 comedy, CBS' The Big Bang Theory, is nearing a deal for a two-season renewal, according to multiple reports. The show's five stars -- Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayaar -- are negotiating contracts for their return and are said to be close to reaching a deal.
STAR WARS TOYS OFFER FIRST GLIMPSE OF THE LAST JEDI CHARACTERS: Fans got their first glimpse at new Star Wars characters who are set to appear in the upcoming film The Last Jedi. Star Wars tweeted out a photo of the new characters for their line of toys yesterday (Thursday). Rey appears wielding a lightsaber and sporting long locks. Poe is wearing a helmet and Finn looks like he is back in the bloom of health after his fight with Kylo Ren. Does a glimpse of the characters sate your appetite for now or just make you hungry for more?
MARJANE SATRAPI TO DIRECT MARIE CURIE BIOPIC: The Oscar-nominated Persepolis director Marjane Satrapi has been secured for Radioactive, a film based on the 2010 graphic novel by Lauren Redniss, Radioactive: Marie & Pierre Curie: A Tale of Love and Fallout. Jack Thorne is penning the adaption. A fall shoot is reportedly being planned and the film is being cast now.
DAKOTA FANNING COMES BACK TO WME: Dakota Fanning left WME almost three years ago for CAA, but she is headed back, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Fanning first signed with WME in 2012 after leaving Osbrink Talent, which focuses on children. At WME, she enjoyed success in break out roles in I Am Sam and War of the Worlds. She can be seen on the big screen next month in Brimstone.